Hastings Point in Northern New South Wales is a sleepy coastal town well known for its incredible beaches, a laidback atmosphere and as the perfect place to take the family and reconnect and spend quality time together.
Tweed Shire’s smallest town is surrounded by luscious national park with ocean to the east and the beautiful, yet delicate, estuary on the west. The nook is nationally referred to as the Green Cauldron and is one of the most unique seaside locations in the country.
Our favourite activities include:
- The Best Fishing can be found in the estuary or you can try beach fishing. Don’t forget, you need a permit to fish in NSW. These only cost $7 for three days which you can do over the phone (1300 369 365) or at most Kmarts! (Not that we need an excuse for a trip to Kmart!)
- Beach Days spent either on the surf beach or by the estuary soaking up the sun, swimming, building sand castles, boogie boarding, surfing, and enjoying a picnic.
- The Skatepark is just 10 minutes down the pathway from the resort, and the kids love this spot.
- Relaxing Walks are a great way to stretch your legs, see the sights, and let the kids go on their bikes, scooters, or skates along the pathway that stretches 10 k’s from Casuarina to Pottsville Waters.
- Kayak or Stand Up Paddle Board down the beautiful estuary! Caldera Kayak Experience has been operating since 2003 and offer hourly, half day, and full day hire as well as guided tours, lessons, and more.
Other Things to do at Hastings Point:
- Pottsville Golf Course is a 10 minute drive away with happy hour on Fridays between 3pm – 4pm!
- Lawn Bowls is just around the corner in Pottsville!
- Weekend Markets are every second and fourth weekend of the month on a picturesque Kingscliff Beach backdrop! Stop by Marine Parade, Kingscliff between 7am and 1pm to stroll through the gourmet food, produce, craft, artwork, fashion, jewellery, flowers, unique gifts and food stalls.
- Tropical Fruit World - Jump on a tractor tour and learn about the 500 weird and wonderful fruit, see the adventure playground, mini rail ride, jungle river cruise, fauna park, fruit tasting and more!
- Crystal Castle is a great attraction for kids and adults. There are caves, daily workshops, experiences, gardens, dining and more. A purple fortress, the enchanted cave is the world’s largest amethyst cave!
- Cruises & Tours – Tweed Endeavour Cruises operate cruises, tours and charters for you to explore the rivers while relaxing and enjoying the sights!
- Mount Warning Tours offer tours for discovering land and the waterways. These are fantastic for families to love to get out and explore the area, yet in holiday-fashion it’s all organised for you!
Hastings Point Location
A holiday to the Green Cauldron coming from the North will take you past Coolangatta, then Tweed, before Kingscliff and then you’ll know you’re close when you see Cabarita Beach! If you come across Pottsville – you’ve gone too far!
Hastings Point Accommodation
This little spot is fantastic for day trips to escape the daily grind, but to truly unwind and relax, spending a few nights is ideal. Our choice of Hastings Point accommodation is North Star Holiday Resort, as it has great family friendly facilities and it’s in a prime location near the pristine beach and estuary.
Family Facilities include:
- Neptune’s Castle Kids Club
- Sammy’s Adventure Lagoon – An incredible waterpark with 600 litre tipping bucket, 65 interactive water features, slides, wadding pool, sun beds and more.
- Seascape Leisure Centre – Adults Relaxation Area with lap pool, massage rooms, hair & beauty salon, sauna and gym
- Little Treasures – Under 3’s Play Area
- Outdoor Playground
- Marine Museum
- Games Room
- Tennis Court
- Ripples Café
- Convenience Store
Hastings Point is known as the “Jewel of the Tweed” for its unwavering natural beauty. The unique seaside location, unspoilt beaches, and luscious rainforest makes the perfect setting for a family escape. Here you can forget the laundry, school runs, making lunches, school projects, work and focus on enjoying the company of your loved ones.
Speak to the team on 1300 663 533 to organise your next getaway.