Breakfast. It is the best meal of the day and from cracking sunny-side-up eggs, avo on toast or hipster loving buddha bowls, breakfast in Byron Bay has something for all appetites.
Folk Cafe - Nestled in the outskirts of Byron Bay proper, this mostly vego-menu will have you forgetting bacon is a breakfast staple. Order their insta-famous Folk Nourish Bowl or vegan burrito and be set for a day of beach hopping.
The Farm and Three Blue Ducks - Whether you opt for a freshly baked pastry and coffee to take-away, find a picnic spot on the grounds of The Farm or dine-in at Three Blue Ducks, this is a must-stop breakfast when you’re in Byron Bay.
Roadhouse - You’ve not been to Byron until you’ve had breakfast at this local institution. Tucked away at the Southern end of town, the ever changing and seasonal menu mixes breakfast classics with inspired dishes like breakfast tacos.
- Top Shop Byron Bay - At the top of the hill and perfect for post-morning beach swim nourishment, you’ll relish in this laid-back cafe’s relaxed attitude. Grab an iced coffee, chai or chocolate from the fridge, order a breakfast burger and park yourself with a picnic blanket on the grassy knolls at the front of the cafe.
Bayleaf Cafe - There’s a reason you’ll find a line waiting to start their weekends at this local cafe. Get in early and order a breakfast (can’t go past the Falafels and eggs or breakfast burrito) that will set you up for a day of exploring the Northern Rivers. If you’ve gotta run, pop next door to sister-cafe Leaf and Grain for equally tasty ready-made to-go options.
- Harvest (Newrybar) - Sure, this spot is technically outside of Byron but the locally grown and harvested menu of this inspired local restaurant is too good to miss out. Breakfast is a weekend only affair (Saturday and Sundays from 8am) but during the week you can opt for a fresh baked loaf and deli goods from the Harvest general store next door!
- Doma (Federal) - Does a traditional Japanese breakfast in the Byron Bay hinterland sound like a breakfast challenge you’re willing to accept? Then take the scenic drive to Federal where the iconic and New York Times reviewed Doma has brunch-hunters sorted for traditional breakfast and Japanese-inspired meals alike.
- Tully’s - Tucked off the main road in Suffolk Park, Tully’s is a beach-goers delight. Sip your morning coffee amongst their laid-back atmosphere and enjoy menu must-haves like truffle scrambled eggs or Tully’s salad bowl.
- 100 Mile Table - Communal dining is where it is at with a menu serving locally-sourced produce and Marvel St coffee. Try their bacon and egg butty, chicken and ginger congee or ‘The Candice’, sautéed greens, avocado, tomato, soft fried egg.
Safya - Single Origin coffees and middle-eastern inspired fare is the order of the day at this Fletcher Street cafe overlooking Main Beach.
Combi - Wellness warriors and insta-foodies will be well versed in Combi’s picture perfect smoothies. Level up the breakfast game with their plant-based menu of nourishing vege bowls or (healthy) pancakes topped with seasonal fruits. Healthy never tasted so good!
Our Top Picks For North Coast
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa
Discover Natural Luxury at The Byron at Byron Resort and Spa. Set amongst a stunning 45 acre sub tropical rainforest, moments from Tallow Beach and only a short drive or cycle to the iconic Byron Bay township, life here is easy.
Nomads Byron Bay is a brand new hostel or 'Flashpacker' opened in March 2009, just a five minute walk to the beach in stunning Byron Bay. Come here to surf and relax!